Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: new kaya vs older kaya?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member wrxgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 13th, 2005
    Posts
    876
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Anyone know if there are any differences? Anyone have any pictures? Thanks

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Southpaw22's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 6th, 2005
    Posts
    258
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    There is definitely an obvious different in the older Kaya's and the new Kaya's. At AGPC they have an older Kaya and a newer one side by side on display. The older one is very pale and I think has a wider face than the newer ones which have narrower and very beautifully painted faces. I like the newer ones much better. Even my husband could tell the difference, and that's saying something!

    Dani

  3. #3
    Inactive Member caroloto's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 18th, 2004
    Posts
    229
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Mine which is an older one is a little darker skin color. I'm not sure about the newest ones but the wig on mine is 2 tone, colors brown and black mixed. Oh should I say black with brown highlights! LOL

  4. #4
    Inactive Member wrxgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 13th, 2005
    Posts
    876
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yeah I have heard the older ones have a darker skin color, and the newer ones have rosier cheeks.... Im debating on what one to get... Its not like its night and day from PM to Mattel, etc... but there definately are differences! [img]smile.gif[/img]

  5. #5
    GreyMyst
    Guest GreyMyst's Avatar

    Post

    My Kaya is about 2 months old.

    She's very beautiful IMO and her face paint is perfect. For some reason she's also softer than my other Mattel dolls.

    kaya22dd

  6. #6
    monimarine
    Guest monimarine's Avatar

    Post

    I love that picture GreyMist! I am going to have to add Kaya to our list, after AG 21. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Skittl1321's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 26th, 2005
    Posts
    1,310
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My Kaya is older- I think I got her the year she was released. She has more color in her cheeks than most of the older ones I've seen. But her skin is not extremly dark, and her cheeks are not extremely red.

    There is a great picture of her in my craft album- a face close up. And a few other pictures of her in my other albums.

    The link is in my sig.

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ January 23, 2006 09:53 AM: Message edited by: Skittl1321 ]</font>

  8. #8
    Inactive Member MollyMolly's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 12th, 2005
    Posts
    236
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Wrx-gal, I just want to say that Josie looks SOOO cute in your siggy! Great Job! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

  9. #9
    Inactive Member QNPoohBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 29th, 2002
    Posts
    1,460
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    check my face comparisons album. Newer Kaya has lighter skin and pinker cheeks than my first release Kaya.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •